Wednesday, April 16, 2014

TEASER from my new book I Don't Believe God Wrote The Bible x

A teaser from my new book I Don't Believe God Wrote The Bible. Due out the end of 2014 x 
“I’ll go to the Caribbean” I told myself, still buzzing from another amazing gig by the rastas, the previous night. I was quite friendly with them by that time, and fortunately, they were able to get me something to smoke. Apart from reggae, they also played the djembe, which I had never seen before. When three of them were sat astride their drums, banging out a rhythm, it was mesmerizing and absolutely impossible to sit still. At times it sounded like a whole tribe of drummers were playing because they were so fast with their hands, difficult to comprehend how three men were capable of creating such a sound. I was going to escape to the Caribbean and learn to play the drums, if Jan had wanted me to be a part of it all, she would have told me. Instead, she went back home to her family without saying a word, so in actual fact, I had no responsibility to do anything. Except that I knew Raphael would not have been such a coward and an arsehole.